Are you passionate about supporting social services for local families? Are you experienced in human resources processes?
We are currently in search of a Human Resources Coordinator for a Social Service Organization. The position is based in Berkeley, CA. This is a temporary assignment
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Service Organization
LOCATION: Berkeley, CA
POSITION TITLE: Human Resources Coordinator
DURATION: 3+ months
PAY: $19/hr+ DOE
Is This Your Dream Job? The HR Coordinator will stand in as an HR Manager to support the HR processes of the organization. They will complete onboarding paperwork including background checks, i9 forms and new hire paperwork. You will complete data entry and administrative tasks to maintain the flow of the mission. The ideal HR professional has experience serving as a benefits administrator and holds a passion for the mission.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 1-5 years of human resources experience
- HS Diploma required; Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience working with HRIS software
- Advanced computer skills, including Google Applications, Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with administering benefits
- Flexible, friendly personality with strong time-management skills
- Experience working in legal field not required but preferred
- Loves working with people! While this position is not necessarily customer-facing, you will be working very closely with everyone within the organization
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Reviewing and completing i9 paperwork
- Fulfilling multiple personnel activities including background checks, open enrollment, job descriptions and supporting employees to complete handbooks
- Taking on miscellaneous data entry projects
- Completing various administrative tasks around the office
- Performing various human resources tasks around hiring and onboarding
- Handling employee complaints and resolving concerns
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Supporting finance manager with biweekly payroll
- Verifying that employee benefits accurately reflect employee selections
- Serving as an information resource for employees inquiring about their benefits or other HR policies
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “HR Coordinator” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.