Are you a passionate Human Resources Generalist with 2-5 years of experience?
We are currently in search of a Human Resources Generalist for a Large Social Services Organization. The position is based in Downtown Chicago. This is a (temp/temp-to-perm, full-time) assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Large Social Services Organization
LOCATION: Downtown Chicago
POSITION TITLE: Human Resources Generalist
SALARY: $17.00/hour – $19.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? Performs professional level duties related to Human Resources, including responsibilities in the following functional areas: employee relations, training, onboarding &recruitment and benefits administration. Assists the Director of Human Resources to ensure operational effectiveness and exceptional customer service to the employee population of the agency.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related field and 2-5 years of experience in Human Resources, or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Extensive experience in the one or more of the following areas: recruiting, background screening, onboarding new hires, employee relations, benefit administration, performance and compensation, and/or strategic planning.
- Must possess knowledge of HR laws, practices and policies required and have experience with administering personnel policies and various health & welfare plans.
- Prior experience processing background checks for multiple states/agencies/vendors.
- Previous experience with HRIS/Payroll/Timekeeping systems required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be comfortable giving presentations to both large and small groups as well as one-on-one trainings.
- Proficient with PC hardware and various software applications such as Microsoft, XP, NT, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to work under the stress of maintaining proper liaison between Division/Department Heads, managers and employees.
- Ability to exchange information clearly and concisely and to present ideas, reports facts and other information.
- Ability to manage own work flow and resolve questions and problems with supervisor.
- Must possess good organizational skills and be detail oriented; must exhibit accuracy when working with details.
- Ability to comprehend consequences of various situations and make appropriate individual(s) aware of same for decision making.
- Ability to meet attendance standards and work over-time hours, when required.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all information.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Partners with employees and management to administer and communicate various Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations.
- Assists with recruitment of exempt and non-exempt personnel and temporary employees.
- Maintains Applicant Tracking System with accuracy and timeliness.
- Compiles reports and trends of analytical data pertaining to recruitment needs and turnover. Administers and controls all functions of the system pertaining to users.
- Works within the HRIS (Ceridian) to accurately enter new and current employee information, changes and updates; assist with self-service database administration.
- Coordinates and conducts pre-employment/background screening, new hire orientation, benefits orientation, open enrollment and various trainings.
- Supports the data collection and compilation for annual reporting compliance: updates the statistical portions of the Agency’s EEO/Affirmative Action program annually to meet compliance, assists with preparing and submitting the EEO-1, VETS-100 and Affordable Care Act reporting.
- Provides guidance to management staff in relation to employee coaching, performance improvement plans, and corrective actions.
- Assist the payroll department in updating employee changes to ensure accurate processing of biweekly payroll for two company codes.
- Serves as back up contact for insurance brokers and benefit plan representatives; assists with the administration of the Agency’s health and welfare benefits; reconciles monthly invoices and maintains vendor databases.
- Assists employees with benefit election and comprehension of benefit plans.
- Assumes responsibility for distributing annual medical notices to employees.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with staff members of the agency, external agencies and vendors.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned which are normally within the scope of duties enumerated above.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to Ben Mackessy at email@example.com with “Human Resources Generalist” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.