Do you believe that people are the driver of an organization’s success? Do you have a passion for creating an organization’s internal culture and building a talented, innovative team?
We are currently in search of a Human Resources Generalist for Careers In Nonprofits, a staffing and recruiting firm that works exclusively with nonprofit organizations. This is a full-time, permanent opportunity.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Careers In Nonprofits
LOCATION: Washington, DC or Chicago, IL
POSITION TITLE: Human Resources Generalist
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the President and Founder, the Human Resources Generalist will play a crucial role in developing strategic human resources solutions to cultivate an innovative culture in the organization. You will use your strong people and relationship building skills when working with and across various internal departments to communicate the mission of the organization. You will create a growth-oriented team environment. If you are a rising Human Resources professional looking to advance to the next level and are interested in joining a high-profile, national organization that builds dreams within nonprofits, this could be the ideal position for you.
Our ideal candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Professional experience as an HR Generalist preferred
- Is an excellent communicator with internal team managers and skilled at building relationships
- Is an excellent verbal and written communicator that can connect with a variety of people
- Has a proven track record of providing the full scope of HR administration including benefits, performance appraisals, partnerships with businesses, and the well-being of employees
- Has a comprehensive understanding of employment law
- Prior experience creating and implementing DEI best practices desirable
How you will spend your day:
- Develop and manage the recruitment process, on-boarding, benefits administration, and employee evaluations for the organization
- Develop and implement best practices for wide-ranging HR programs such as learning and development, recognition, engagement, and well-being
- Ensure that the organization is in full compliance with local and national regulations and employment law
- Oversee payroll
- Proactively assess the needs of the employees, make recommendations and offer, and implement solutions
- Design and facilitate team building as well as provide guidance to employees and managers
- Manage vendor relationships
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume and cover letter, outlining your interest in nonprofit recruiting to email@example.com with “HR Generalist” in the subject line.