Do you have at least 2 years of general human resources experience?
Are you devoted to social and economic justice?
Do you work well on a passionate team who are dedicated to their mission?
We are currently in search of a Human Resources Generalist for a Community-Based Organization. The position is located in Chicago. This is a full-time, temporary to permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Community-Based Organization
POSITION TITLE: Human Resources Generalist
DURATION: Temporary-Permanent, Full-Time
EXPECTED SALARY: $47,000-$52,000
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Human Resources (HR) Generalist performs the day-to-day operations of the Human Resource Department under the direction of the Human Resources Manager. In general the HR Generalist will be the first point of contact for general HR inquiries. In all instances, the HR Generalist must perform in accordance with and be committed to the organization’s mission.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent related experience) required
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Human Resources required
- Proficiency in HRIS software and Microsoft Office
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
- Must possess excellent communication (written & oral), interpersonal, customer service and organizational skills
- Able to work well under pressure
- Willing to work flexible hours
- Must have access to a car, valid driver’s license and proof of insurance required
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Carry out the day-to-day functions of the Human Resource Department: benefits administration; employee relations; onboarding; policy implementation; recruitment and employment law compliance, etc..
- Perform benefits administration, including claims resolution, change reporting, reconciling benefit statements, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefits information to employees
- Complete key processes in the HRIS system such as new hire set up and processing; payroll and benefit information; PTO management and reporting
- Manage the recruitment and on-boarding process for all positions
- Perform payroll preparation and coordinate all changes with accounting
- Manage the performance evaluation process along with the HR Manager
- Ensure and carry-out ministerial acts related to licenses
- Update HR related policies and procedures, forms and job descriptions and assist in the development and implementation of new personnel policies and procedures
- Maintain confidential Personnel files, including paper and electronic filing system, ensuring all files are accurate and complete
- Assist in maintaining compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefit laws and regulations
- Support the staffing and document preparation for personnel and other appropriate committees
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “HR Generalist” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.