We are currently in search of a Human Resources Manager for a National Advocacy Organization. The position is based in Oakland, CA with an ability to work remotely. This is a permanent, full-time position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: National Advocacy Organization
LOCATION: Oakland, CA, with an ability to work remotely
POSITION TITLE: Human Resources Manager
SALARY: $80K – $90K
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, you will serve as the first HR Manager of the organization and be a key member in implementing a multitude of diverse human resource strategies, from onboarding and recruitment to professional development for 60+ staff members. You will have the drive and enthusiasm to serve as a resource for all staff members and be able to craft an updated handbook on employee best practices. As a seasoned HR professional, you will initiate an innovative sourcing process and provide a high level of customer service for internal and external members, as well as serve as a right-hand thought partner to executive leadership.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3-5+ years of professional work experience, specifically in HR, Operations, and/or a related field; Highly prefer a national and/or fast-paced nonprofit background
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, HRIS systems, including ADP and/or TriNet
- Knowledge of federal and state hiring regulations, a plus
- Possess a high-level of discretion and positive outlook
- Comfortable managing a database and working independently
- Ability to think critically, remain well-organized, and prioritize tasks on competing deadlines
- Flexible, friendly personality with strong time-management skills; strong judge of character
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Extremely passionate about criminal justice education and racial justice
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Serving as a proactive and strategic HR leader by implementing policies around employee performance, internal training efforts, and contributing to the overall goals of the department
- Sourcing and interviewing (over the phone and in-person) candidates at a variety of skill and experience levels for diverse roles
- Closely partner with COO on organizational development and remain current on national best practices
- Consulting with multiple hiring managers to understand their staffing needs, composing compelling job descriptions, and improving upon existing onboarding process
- Administer all benefits information and actively track leave benefits for all employees
- Partner with the IT department to ensure ATS and internal HR database is running efficiently and in compliance, provide suggestions as needed
- Serving as the face of the department and oversee all onboarding processes, while also coordinating any new employee events
- Supporting staff members at all levels, both locally and nationally; work to create a diverse and collaborative office culture
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.