Do you believe that people are the driver of an organization’s success?
Do you have an interest in human rights and freedom of expression?
Do you have a passion for creating an organization’s internal culture and building a talented, innovative team?
We are currently in search of a Human Resources Manager (Senior-Level Role) for a Nonprofit
Organization advocating for freedom of expression. The position is based in San Francisco, CA.
This is a full-time, permanent opportunity.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Nonprofit Organization advocating for freedom of expression
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
POSITION TITLE: Human Resources Manager (Senior-Level Role)
SALARY: $140K-$160K+ (commensurate with experience)
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the Head of Talent, the HR Manager is a key position that will
play a crucial role in developing and implementing strategic and tactical human resources solutions to
cultivate an innovative culture within the organization. You will use your strong people and relationship
building skills when working with and across various internal departments to communicate internal HR
policies and procedures of the organization. You will create a growth-oriented team environment. If you
are interested in joining a high-profile, global organization that will shape the future of online freedom of
expression, this could be the ideal position for you.
Our ideal candidate:
● Bachelor’s Degree; Masters/MBA, preferred
● Is an excellent communicator with internal team managers and skilled at building relationships
● Strong experience as a senior-level Human Resources professional
● Is an excellent verbal and written communicator that can connect with a variety of people
● Has a proven track record of providing the full scope of HR administration including benefits,
performance appraisals, partnerships with businesses, and well being of employees
● Has a comprehensive understanding of employment law
How you will spend your day:
● Ensure that the organization is in full compliance with local and national regulations and
● Build HR Department, implementing standard processes procedures, an Employee Handbook, and
other functions necessary to running and optimizing the Department
● Manage all facets of a HR Department, including candidate recruitment and hiring process,
benefits administration, payroll, employee relations, and compensation analysis
● Develop and implement best practices for wide-ranging HR programs and systems such as
learning and development, recognition, engagement, and well-being
● Proactively assess the needs of the employees, make recommendations and offer, and implement
● Design and facilitate team building as well as provide guidance to employees and managers
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume and
cover letter, outlining your interest in nonprofit recruiting to firstname.lastname@example.org with “HR
Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and
workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regards to your application in response to this ad.