Are you a mission-driven professional with database experience?
Are you a self-starter, able to work independently?
Do you have an IT/IS background?
We are currently in search of an Information Systems Project Manager for a Direct Services Organization. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a full-time, permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Direct Services
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: IS Project Manager
POTENTIAL SALARY: $80k-$85k
Is This Your Dream Job? The IS Project Manager will drive the formation of a culture that values data governance by facilitating good communication between the administrators of each application. This person will also project-manage the implementation of new database applications and ensure vendors build solid integrations between systems. This role reports directly to the Director of IT.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
- 4 years+ experience as a Business Systems Analyst, IS project manager, or other practical experience in the analysis, design and implementation of technical projects, including experience with the completion of business and functional design documents.
- Effective project management skills with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency or experience in any of the following:
- Enterprise CRM and ERP database systems, particularly Salesforce and systems like Dynamics 365, NAV, Acumatica, NetSuite, Infor, etc.
- SQL query writing and updating of stored procedures.
- Report writing and BI experience, preferably with SSRS, Power BI, or Tableau.
- Excellent communication skills to work with end-users with varying levels of technical ability, and to translate input into technical requirements that developers can use to enhance systems.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to enhance how people interact with data systems.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Project-manage the implementation of the enterprise ERP in coordination with the Director of IT.
- Work closely with vendors to plan successful system launches and provide post go-live support.
- Ensure data governance is valued and integrated into processes across the entire organization.
- Lead cross-functional IS Strategy Team, a group composed of the administrators and super-users of the deployed database applications.
- Ensure database administrators are offering training and documenting their SOPs appropriately, and on occasion provides training and assistance to create end-user documentation.
- Confirm integrations between systems are working appropriately and work with vendors as needed to address issues.
- Help staff learn to maximize system capabilities and avoid common errors.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Information Systems Project Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.