Are you a detailed-oriented Accounting professional? Do you have a passion for supporting community causes?
We are currently in search of an Interim Controller for a Community Organization. The position is based in Oakland, CA. This is a temp, full-time role.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Community Organization
LOCATION: Oakland, CA
DURATION: Temp, Full-Time
POSITION TITLE: Interim Controller
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the Executive Director, the Controller is responsible for overseeing a team that is processing a high volume of invoices and will be able to hit the ground running. You will oversee expense reporting, annual budgets, auditing and board communications. Possessing a high level of accuracy, you will serve as the lead of the accounting team and be able to serve as a financial resource to all internal and external stakeholders and consultants.
- Expertise in accounting software
- 5+ years of nonprofit accounting experience
- Exposure to creating expense reports and auditing financial reports
- Exposure to grants accounting, a plus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and comfortable working in a database
- Comfortable working with department heads in an office environment, with strong verbal and written communication skills
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Overseeing three accounting staff members and day-to-day financial documents, from expense records, vendor invoices, year-end processing and weekly check runs
- Supporting the maintenance of donor advise funds and donor investments with an external team
- Maintain an organized accounting ledger and verify posted transactions
- Utilize an expert level of detail and consistently educate new employees on payment processing protocols and systems
- Track office inventory and distribute expenses to the respective department; ensure all entries are recorded in a timely fashion
- Offer guidance and support to colleagues with all departments of the organization, specifically Development and Programs
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.