Are you looking for an entry level position within a nonprofit?
Are you interested in working with a dynamic, mission-driven team?
We are currently in search of a Mail Clerk for a Military Association. The position is based in Alexandria, VA. This is a full-time, temporary to permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Military Association
LOCATION: Alexandria, VA
POSITION TITLE: Mail Clerk
DURATION: Temporary to Permanent
SCHEDULE: 35 hours/week
HOURLY PAY: $15.00/hour
ANTICIPATED SALARY: $45K
Is This Your Dream Job? The Mail Clerk will support all incoming and outgoing mail functions. This person will also assist in facilitating building maintenance and general administrative support.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- At least 6 months of office experience required
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- Knowledge or experience associate with operating computerized systems preferred
- Team-player, flexible and adaptable
- Friendly, professional and mission-driven
- Must have a driver’s license and clean driving record
- Veterans are encouraged to apply
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Manage the Mail Room operations for the national HQ
- Track inventory of letterhead and associated envelops and packaging materials
- Operate electronic and computerized mail room equipment
- Prepare and process monthly renewal notices and membership cards
- Prepare and document other materials for mailing
- Affix postage and track costs associated with outgoing mail
- Maintain fiscal and postage records
- Ensure daily pickup and delivery of mail to designated US Post Office and periodic delivery of bulk shipments to the applicable area bulk postal facility
- Manage scheduling of regular maintenance of building and company vehicle
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.