Are you experienced in major gifts?
Do you have experience in higher education?
Are you seeking your next opportunity with a prestigious institution?
We are currently in search of a Major Gifts and Planned Giving Director for a Higher Education Institution. The position is based in Downtown Chicago, IL. This is a full-time, permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Higher Education Institution
LOCATION: Downtown Chicago, IL
POSITION TITLE: Major Gifts and Planned Giving Director
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Major Gifts and Planned Giving Director is responsible for designing and leading fundraising efforts via individual and major gift campaigns and planned giving. The position reports directly to the Managing Director and has two direct reports. The qualified candidate will have a successful track record of cultivating donor relationships with new and existing donors.
Our client is a prestigious, higher education institution with offices located in Downtown Chicago.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Undergraduate Degree required
- Experience working in medical related organizations preferred
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience and success in fundraising leading to sustainable results
- Experience in a higher education institution or complex organization.
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Ability to manage and grow donor portfolio
- Moves management experience
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities, as well as a high level of organization
- Experience using computer based constituent relationship system for tracking such as Raiser’s Edge
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Access and Outlook) and use of the Internet
- Budget Management experience is preferred
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Responsible for cultivation, solicitation, gift closure, and stewardship of prospective donors and donors in addition to managing the efforts of direct reports
- Develop a comprehensive plan which outlines measurable objectives and outlines courses of action for all significant activity during the year
- Grow the individual donor relations strategy and maintain consistency among all outreach, campaigns, and communications efforts
- Research prospective individual and corporate donors, as well as other new funding opportunities
- Manage a portfolio of 75 – 125 donors
- Expand the donor experience with focus on key program(s)
- Cultivate strategic partnerships leading to increases in incremental revenue
- Develop and oversee an annual budget for the team
We’d love to hear from you!
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Major Gifts Director” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
** Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.