We are currently in search of a Major Gifts Associate for an International Humanitarian Organization. The position is based in Los Angeles, CA. This is a permanent, full-time role with an opportunity to work from home.
ORGANIZATION: International Humanitarian Organization
LOCATION: Los Angeles, CA
POSITION TITLE: Major Gifts Associate
SALARY: $70,000-$80,000/year + Bonus
Position Overview: The Major Gifts Associate will develop and implement the major gift program alongside a team of three frontline fundraisers. Reporting directly to the Founder and CEO, the Major Gifts Associate will be responsible for raising funds and engaging in new relationships in order to inspire many audiences towards the mission of the organization. You will have the ability to build your own pipeline of donors and consistently meet and secure funding in order to serve as a steward for the organization. This is an ideal position for a talented Major Gifts professional, seeking to utilize and grow their strategic skill sets while serving a humanitarian mission.
- Develops and manages cultivation and solicitation strategies for a portfolio of prospective and current donors.
- Help donors accomplish their philanthropic goals and ambitions through a relationship with our organization.
- Build a robust portfolio of major gift supporters amounting to $1M in annual revenue.
- Alongside your fundraising colleagues, work towards a collective fundraising goal of $5M.
- Qualify prospects with the capacity to give at least $25K and above.
- Meet and collaborate with internal contacts such as program directors and other fundraising staff to determine organizational priorities and needs to formulate strategies to promote donor engagement and to identify potential donors.
- Implement tailored donor cultivation and stewardship events when appropriate.
- Collaborate with the CEO and Founder, as well as leaders, to strengthen and expand the fundraising program
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years of professional fundraising experience
- Commitment to goal attainment and ability to engage with high-level donors
- Demonstrated ability to establish, build relationships, and successfully secure six-to-seven-figure gifts
- People-oriented, interpersonal skills and ability to create and cultivate their own leads, establish relationships, while also collaborating on special projects
- Strong written and presentation and oral communication skills are required
- Experience with a fundraising CRM; Salesforce and prospecting tools, a plus
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume and cover letter, outlining your interest in nonprofit recruiting to email@example.com with “Major Gifts Associate” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not the best fit for you?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this fad.