Do you have a strong background securing five and six-figure gifts?
Are you a self-motivated and passionate professional with at least 5 years of individual giving experience?
We are currently in search of a Major Gifts Manager for a Research and Education Foundation. The position is based in Clarksburg, MD. This is a Full Time, Permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Research and Education Foundation
LOCATION: Clarksburg, MD
POSITION TITLE: Major Gifts Manager
DURATION: Full Time
SALARY: $65,000 – 75,000/annual
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to and working closely with the Senior VP of Development, this position is responsible for managing and developing a major gifts portfolio, as well as implementing cultivation and stewardships plans for donors. The candidate will be setting appointments with donors and growing $5K and $10K gifts. The candidate will be a dynamic and interpersonal individual with solid presentation and communications skills.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ years of experience of individual experience in major gift fundraising
- Background of making in-person asks
- Bachelor’s Degree (required)
- Confidence and skill to ask prospective donors to make a financial contribution
- Ability to work autonomously but also thrive in a team-oriented environment
- Strong verbal, written and speaking communication skills
- Background in planned giving is a plus
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Schedule appointments and meeting with donors
- Building the major gifts portfolio
- Work closely with Senior VP of Development and others on Development team to design an effective communication plan
- Develop and implement cultivation, solicitation and stewardship plans for prospective donors
- Follow up on leads generated from programs
- Work towards securing five and six figure gifts
- Travel required
- Other duties assigned
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Major Gifts Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.