Are you a military veteran?
Are you a mission-driven professional who is passionate about serving the nonprofit sector?
Do you enjoy engaging with your community and donors?
We are currently in search of a Major Gifts Officer for a Nonprofit Organization. The position is based in Arlington, VA. This is permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Nonprofit
LOCATION: Arlington, VA
POSITION TITLE: Major Gifts Officer
SALARY: $80,000 – $85,000/Annual
Is This Your Dream Job? The Major Gifts Officer reports to the Director of Citizen and Military Partnerships. You will be responsible for identifying, cultivating and soliciting gifts of $10,000 and above.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Has served in the military, with a strong interest in national security
- 3-5 years of demonstrable development experience in soliciting and securing funds
- Experience building and managing a portfolio of individual major donors, foundations and businesses
- Genuine, authentic, able to take charge of a situation
- Able to work autonomously as well as collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to grow, accept constructive feedback, travel (up to 35%)
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Cultivate, steward, and solicit major gifts from prospective donors
- Collaborate with Development team to create strategies that increase revenue
- Actively build a major gift prospect portfolio with the goal of carrying approximately 125 major gift prospects in active solicitation cycle
- Cultivate 20-30 existing major donors to renew and increase their annual gifts
- Re-engage and cultivate 20-30 lapsed or emerging prospects who are no longer or not yet giving consistently at the $10,000 level
- Identify 20-30 new prospects who are not yet qualified and cultivate as eventual major gift prospects
- Oversee all aspects of each major gift prospects relationship and timely movement through the solicitation cycle, in coordination with other team members as appropriate, with a focus on moving to a major gift proposal
- Monitor all prospect contacts to ensure positive and purposeful prospect and donor relations
- Lead and/or attend donor cultivation and/or solicitation meetings and plan/execute fundraising events
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Major Gifts Officer” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.