We are currently in search of a Major Gifts Officer for an Environmental Organization. The position is based in San Francisco, CA. This is a permanent, full-time opportunity.
ORGANIZATION: Environmental Organization
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
POSITION TITLE: Major Gifts Officer
SALARY: $75K – $90K
Position Overview: The Major Gifts Officer will development and implement the major gift pipeline to contribute to the success of their California-based initiatives. Reporting directly to the Senior Philanthropy Director, the Major Gifts Officer will be responsible for raising funds for operations and the program of the growing organization. You will be responsible for managing and cultivating relationships with existing major gift prospects, as well as identifying new prospects. You will also have an ability to support the relationships and enhance major donor relationships through support of donor-led initiatives, such as events, and programs. This is an ideal position for a passionate and talented Major Gifts professional, seeking to utilize and grow their strategic skill sets while serving an important cause.
- Develops and manages cultivation and solicitation strategies for a portfolio of at least 75-100 prospective and current donors
- Help donors accomplish their philanthropic goals and ambitions through a relationship with the organization; follow an effective moves management strategy to steward and qualify donors through the process
- Work towards securing and collecting a fundraising goal of $3M+ in annual revenue while securing gifts of $50K+
- Meets and collaborates with internal contacts such as program and state directors and other departments to determine organizational priorities to formulate strategies to promote donor engagement and to identify potential donors
- Implement tailored donor cultivation and stewardship events when appropriate.
- Travel frequently to meet with donors through San Francisco and the Silicon/ Bay Area, as well as CA when needed
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3+ years of professional fundraising experience, ideally securing large individual gifts
- Commitment to goal attainment and ability to engage with high-level volunteers and donors
- Demonstrated ability to establish, build relationships, and successfully secure five-to-six-figure gifts
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to create and cultivate their own leads, while also collaborating on special projects
- Advanced written and presentation and oral communication skills are required;
- People-oriented, highly collaborative, and hardworking individual with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Willing to travel 50% of your time; passionate about environmental advancements and preservation
- Experience with Salesforce, Raiser’s Edge and prospecting, a plus
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume and cover letter, outlining your interest in nonprofit recruiting to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Major Gifts Officer” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not the best fit for you?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this fad.