Are you passionate about improving climate change and working with a team to advocate for improving environmental issues?
Do you have 3+ years of experience securing major gifts from individuals and building pipelines?
We are currently in search of a Nonprofit Major Gifts Officer for an Environmental Advocacy Nonprofit. The position is based in Boston, MA. This is a Full Time, Permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Environmental Advocacy Nonprofit
LOCATION: Boston, MA
POSITION TITLE: Major Gifts Officer
DURATION: Full Time
SALARY: $80,000 – 90,000/annual
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the Executive Director, this position is responsible for developing and implementing a fundraising plan for the organization, with a focus on securing individual major gifts. The candidate will build the pipeline for and cultivate potential donors. They will set meetings with donors, conduct prospect research and put fundraisings processes in place. This person will be excited to bring their major gifts background to this new position on a growing team that is focused on finding solutions to climate change. The candidate will be an entrepreneurial and detail-oriented individual that has a strong sense of confidence and the ability to execute on ideas.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3+ years of experience in major gifts and non-profit fundraising, ideally in advocacy, environmental advocacy is a big plus
- Demonstrated experience securing gifts from individuals in the 5 and 6-figure range
- Strong background developing and executing fundraising strategies
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, with a passion for helping the environment
- Confident, creative, flexible and excited to do things their way while building processes for a growing organization
- Experience using a CRM, Salesforce is preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree required
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for fundraising efforts focused on major gifts, also securing small donations
- Cultivate and steward individual donors to secure major gifts, tracking activities in the donor database
- Plan and attend donor meetings, managing the ED’s meetings with donors
- Conduct prospect research to build relationships with potential donors
- Work with the marketing team to create impactful communications
- Travel required, both domestic and international
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not the best fit for you?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Have you heard of GROWTHtrack? Sign up today for this FREE professional development webinar designed for your professional progress at careersinnonprofits.com/growthtrack. Conducted weekly.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.