Do you have at least 3 years of experience building and maintaining major individual donor relationships?
Are you a results-driven professional that thrives in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment?
Can you prove your ability to develop and implement strategies for gaining new individual donors?
We are currently in search of a Major Gifts Officer for an Educational Organization. The position is based in Northern Chicagoland. This is a full-time, permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Educational Organization
LOCATION: Northern Chicagoland
POSITION TITLE: Major Gifts Officer
DURATION: Full-Time, Permanent
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Major Gifts Officer will report to the Director of External Affairs and will supervise the Manager of Special Events and Stewardship. This person will play a critical role in fundraising by leading the effort to secure new support from individual donors. The Major Gifts Officer is responsible for developing and implementing a strategy to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward individual donors with the capacity to give $10,000+. This person will also leverage relationships within the organization’s committed supporters. The organization is seeking a mission-driven, collaborative self-starter, who brings individual giving fundraising experience.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience is required
- Minimum 3-5 years of fundraising experience, including direct solicitation of individual donors
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Ability to show evidence of building strong and sustaining relationships with individual donors with increases in individual giving
- Follows fundraising metrics
- Experience developing new prospects and new donor relationships with an entrepreneurial spirit to drive results strongly desired
- Possesses high integrity, team player, detail-oriented yet results-driven and flexible
- Exudes poise, be supportive, diplomatic, personable and able to manage confidential information with discretion
- Applied for-profit experiences, such as sales, may be considered
- Evidence of continuing professional education in such areas as planned and estate gifts and leadership development a plus
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Create and carry a personal prospect portfolio of approximately 125 prospects.
- Utilize existing donor database and original research, identify a portfolio of donors to cultivate and solicit.
- Develop relationships with prospects through various cultivation calls, letters, and handwritten notes.
- Develop and write donor cultivation materials and acknowledgements.
- Produce personalized proposals for individual support.
- Develop written solicitation plans for major gift prospects.
- Complete 150-200 quality contacts per year with prospects from portfolio.
- Coordinate and provide assistance in the design of strategies for cultivating and soliciting donors held in portfolios of senior staff and volunteer leadership.
- Collaborate with other Development team members to identify, qualify, and research new donor prospects.
- Assist in events and other donor meetings for cultivation and stewardship.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Major Gifts Officer” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.