Are you an experienced individual in nonprofit events and development?
Are you excellent at writing proposals and building relationships with donors?
Are you interested in working with a dynamic, mission-driven team?
We are currently in search of a Major Gifts Proposal Officer for a Religious Based Advocacy Organization. The position is based in Leesburg, VA. This is a Permanent, full-time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Religious Based Advocacy Organization
LOCATION: Leesburg, VA
POSITION TITLE: Major Gifts Proposal Officer
SALARY: $80,000 – $90,000
Is This Your Dream Job? The Major Gifts Proposal Officer coordinates all major gifts activity within the organization. This person works closely with the CEO, Principal Gifts Officer, Marketing, Program and Finance staff in writing and developing donor proposals/reports, coordinating donor events, and assisting in the development of highly-customized moves management plans for each donor.
- Competitive health benefits package.
- Generous PTO
Our Ideal Candidate:
- BA/S in Creative Writing or related field.
- Proficient with MS Office Word and Excel.
- Minimum 3 years of experience writing major donor proposals.
- Fully committed to religious mission.
- Understanding of basic financial concepts, budgets, and financial reports.
- Previous experience working with Salesforce and wealth screening tools.
- Strong people and organizational skills; proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Research (20%). Complete donor research and prepare briefing materials for CEO and Principal Gifts Officer. Coordinate with our Mass Donor team to conduct tests of our file and generate leads for the Principal Gifts Officer.
- Plans (20%). Work closely with the CEO and Principal Gifts Officer to develop and manage a moves-management plan for each major donor. Maintain CRM. Help in planning donor meetings. There are about 120 major donors in various stages of cultivation; approximately two-thirds are current donors, the remaining are prospects in the cultivation stage.
- Proposals (30%). Lead the development of 40 to 50 major donor proposals each year. Requires working closely with Marketing, Program and Finance staff to build and write proposals. Program and Finance staff often provide content; however, the Administrator is responsible for assembling all the information and writing the proposal.
- Reports (20%). Lead the development of 40–50 donor reports each year. Requires working closely with Program and Finance staff to generate customized donor reports. Program and Finance staff often provide content; however, the Administrator is responsible for assembling all the information and writing the report.
- Events (10%). Lead the planning and development of all major donor events including international vision trips, dinner meetings, and other activities for groups of major donors.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Major Gifts Proposal Officer” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.