Do you have a background in health insurance or employee benefits?
Are you interested in being an integral part of a nonprofit doing important medical advocacy work?
We are currently in search of a Manager, Coverage and Benefits Advocacy for a Medical Association. The position is based in Alexandria, VA. This is a Full Time, Permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Medical Association
LOCATION: Alexandria, VA
POSITION TITLE: Manager, Coverage and Benefits Advocacy
DURATION: Full Time
SALARY: $100,000 – 115,000/annual
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the Director, this position is responsible for advocating the priorities of the association and developing relationships with external stakeholders. The candidate will work with the advocacy team to develop strategies to develop relationships with key industry associations and leaders. The candidate will be a self-motivated and interpersonal individual that is a great communicator and is eager to be an integral part of a team of passionate professionals.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3+ years of experience with health insurance or employee benefits
- Background in advocacy work
- Experience delivering marketing and communications programs
- Strong organizational, project management and decision making skills
- Comfortable working independently and in a team
- Strong verbal, written and speaking communication skills, with the ability to convey and present concepts to others
- Ability to juggle multiple deadlines and perform well under pressure
- Experience in a trade association is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree required
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Advocate for the priorities of the organization
- Develop strategic relationships with key industry associations
- Market and communicate with stakeholders
- Inform Director of employee benefits policies, trends and opportunities and interface and report progress to leaders of the organization
- Support message development and create key content for internal and external communications, coordinating with the Marketing Team
- Develop and help to execute programs
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Manager, Coverage and Benefits Advocacy” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.