Are you a whiz at managing databases and donor information?
Do you love being a part of a team that is mission-driven?
Does helping people and communities in need bring you joy?
We are currently in search of a Manager, Gift Processing and Database. The position is based in Des Plaines, IL. This is a full-time, permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Services Organization
LOCATION: Des Plaines, IL
POSITION TITLE: Manager, Gift Processing and Database
DURATION: Full-Time, Permanent
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Manager, Gift Processing and Database reports to the Director of Donor Services and is responsible for processing gifts and payments, donor acknowledgements, various financial reports, and updating and maintaining the donor database. This person will also preserve the integrity of the database and act as a support to the rest of the Advancement Team with donor information as needed. The Organization is seeking an approachable and detail-oriented individual who understands fundraising and the importance of managing the related donor data.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2 year degree or related work experience required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience required.
- Experience using Raiser’s Edge CRM or other donor management software required.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel, Raiser’s Edge NXT, and Crystal Reports a plus.
- Excellent organization, communication, and customer service skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Ability to conduct research, gather data, analyze information, and prepare effective, accurate, and timely reports and other documents to support development objectives.
- Ability to foster effective working relationships within a team environment.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Manage gift entry procedure and process daily gift batches.
- Prepare gift acknowledgement letters.
- In collaboration with the Advancement team, maintain the accuracy of the Raiser’s Edge database system.
- Work with Finance staff to ensure reconciliation of gifts and pledges and coordinate communication between Advancement and Finance.
- Initiate and manage projects to improve utilization of the database.
- Create queries and produce various reports pertaining to the gift entry process, including departmental and financial reports.
- Respond to requests for information regarding gifts, generating queries of the constituency system gift information, and prepare gift reports.
- Add new constituent records to the database as needed, analyze information and populate all appropriate data fields.
- Record Memorial and Honor gifts and notify friends and family.
- Provide exceptional customer service when responding to inquiries from donors and Advancement staff about gifts and pledges.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.