Do you have previous experience working at an Association?
Are you looking for your next experience in Membership Management?
Are you passionate about mission driven work?
We are currently in search of a Manager, Membership and Engagement for an Association. The position is based in Chicago, IL. This is a full-time, temporary to permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Association
LOCATION: Chicago, IL (West Loop)
POSITION TITLE: Manager, Membership & Engagement
DURATION: Temporary to Permanent
HOURLY PAY: $17.00 – $23.00/hour
SALARY: 48,000 – $55,000
Is This Your Dream Job? The Manager, Membership & Engagement is responsible for ensuring membership benefits and services are delivered to support the mission of the Association. This critical, high touch role, manages all aspects of membership program development and retention, maintaining member data and responding to member inquiries. The Manager, Membership & Engagement serves as a key role in the Association’s customer service efforts.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 to 5 years related experience, Association experience preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Sheets and NetForum
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully, presenting a positive image
- Genuine team enthusiasm and positive energy
- Collaborative, can-do approach to problem solving
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Superior project management skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize work, multi-task across multiple responsibilities
- Team management/leadership experience
How you will spend your day:
- Deliver quality customer and member service through email, phone, and in-person events
- Manage the organizational membership program including assisting in the development of recruitment and retention campaigns; developing onboarding program; ensuring accuracy of data; managing annual renewal process; conducting outreach visits to clients; and serving as the primary contact for all inquiries
- Manage the NetForum membership database, which includes updating and maintaining all member data; analyzing data to support marketing outreach; and defining standard operating procedures for the organization
- Execute membership retention process including managing the renewal process in NetForum, administering the dues waiver program and the termination process
- Support membership recruitment efforts by identifying new member prospects through database reporting; processing applications; and assisting the Vice President, Membership and Education with the implementation of creative initiatives to expand membership
- Write membership marketing promotional copy
- Deliver sales pitch to recruit members and individual members
- Assist in managing the annual volunteer appointment process including the collection of volunteer applications; updating the database; and communicating with volunteers
- Assist in managing the annual Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) project
- Accountable to additional responsibilities as assigned
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.