Do you want to be a part of the movement to eradicate poverty?
Do you have experience in managing operations and logistics?
We are currently in search of a Manager of Operations for a Social Services Organization. The position is based in Silver Spring, MD. This is a Full Time, Permanent role.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Services Organization
LOCATION: Silver Spring, MD
POSITION TITLE: Manager of Operations
DURATION: Full Time (Tuesday – Saturday)
SALARY: $45,000 – 55,000/annual
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the VP of HQ and Operations, this position is responsible for the day to day activities of the facility. This is an active and outward-facing position, and the candidate will be on their feet throughout the day and walking the facility. They will be responsible for tracking the calendar and making sure the space is prepared for events. They will set the schedule for the warehouse and office. The candidate will be a creative, compassionate and humble individual that is eager help others and be a part of an impactful team.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2+ years of experience in managing operations and logistics
- Experience in a leadership role
- Demonstrates humility and a passion to end poverty
- Ability to plan long-term operational needs
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to adapt and work in a fast-paced environment
- Enjoys engaging people, being active and willing to walk for extended periods of time
- Excellent organizational and communications skills
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Oversee the daily activities of the facility and the personnel
- Walk the space and make sure everything is running smoothly
- Set the schedule for both office and warehouse activities
- Ensure all policies and procedures are followed at all times
- Oversee the calendar and track the operations and logistics of the facility
- Meet people for site visits, demonstrating excellent customer service
- Make sure the space is prepared for events
- Communicate with the Directors of the organization
- Other duties as assigned
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Manager of Operations” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.