Are you a mission-driven individual who is passionate about professional development?
Are you excited about helping governments and individuals improve their financial management skills?
Are you a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills?
We are currently in search of a Managing Director for a Financial Management Organization. The position is Remote but the candidate must live in or around the Metro Washington DC area. This is a part time Renewable Contract position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Financial Management
LOCATION: Remote / Washington DC
POSITION TITLE: Managing Director and CFO
SALARY: $60,000 annual/paid monthly
Is This Your Dream Job? The Managing Director serves as the central coordinating officer for executing policies and ensures the effective functioning of the Board of Directors, the Advisory Board and the Executive Committee, comprised of elected and appointed officers, who serve on a voluntary basis, to support the mission. As the Managing Director, you will be responsible for planning, organizing and executing the organization’s 2 annual conferences, and developing and maintaining the organizations program through collaboration with the Executive committee and Boards. You will implement effective strategies for fundraising, communications, leadership, and advocacy.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Proven leadership and relationship management experience
- 5-6+ years of nonprofit management experience
- Strong marketing, public relations, communications and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, and email marketing
- Comfortable working alone, and self-directed
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and an innovative approach to business planning
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record
- Dependable and highly collaborative
- High energy with a passion for the mission and for helping others achieve goals
- Background in working for a financial institution or similar and extensive knowledge of budgeting practices
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Work with the Executive Team and Board of Directors to develop and implement a comprehensive programmatic strategy through a variety of means
- Oversee the organizations communications activities including press, website and social media
- Actively engage and energize Executive committee, Advisory board, board of directors, members, committees, partnering organizations, and funders
- Plan in implement the organizations 2 annual training conferences
- Ensure effective systems to track scaling progress, and regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents.
- Manage all virtual events organization and online training
- Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities
- Expand and complete the strategic business plan for program expansion into new markets
- Begin to build partnerships in new markets, establishing relationships with the funders, and political and community leaders.
We’d love to hear from you. If you are interested in our services, please submit a resume to Katie Sanabria at email@example.com with “Managing Director” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be interested? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
For more information about Careers in Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.