Do you have 2-5 years of experience in writing, editing and social media management?
We are currently in search of a Marketing and Communications Coordinator for an Association. The position is based in Rockville, MD (Hybrid). This is a full-time, permanent opportunity.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Association
LOCATION: Rockville, MD
POSITION TITLE: Marketing and Communications Coordinator
DURATION: Permanent, Full-Time
ANTICIPATED SALARY: $45,000 – $60,000 DOE + Benefits
Is This Your Dream Job? The Marketing and Communications Coordinator will support a scientific/health research association with communications efforts including social media management, quarterly magazine production, writing, editing and distribution of the email newsletter and other similar duties intended to build awareness and engagement for the association’s members and key constituents.
Culture and Environment: This organization is currently working a hybrid model with 1 day/week in office. They are requiring vaccinations for all staff that are working in office and are complying with all other state/federal regulations as it relates to COVID-19. For the long term, this role is intended to return to the office at least 4 days/week. This person will work on a team of 3 and will be greatly involved in day-to-day production tasks. This role does not have any supervisory responsibilities, but the organization does value growth and promotion for individuals who enjoy taking initiative on new projects and ideas.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2-5 years of experience in marketing or communications required
- Bachelor’s degree a plus
- Professional experience managing Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter accounts required
- Must have strong written and oral communications skills with demonstrated experience creating content for a professional organization
- Knowledge of email platforms required
- Knowledge of graphic design, video production or podcasts a plus
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Create, plan schedule and implement social media campaigns and posts to increase member involvement and marketing programs/events
- Maintain all activity related to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, blogs, YouTube and Wikipedia
- Coordinate production of the quarterly magazine including collecting and creating content, planning and tracking work of all contributors, collecting graphics and permissions for articles
- Implement production timelines and approval processes for magazine production including proofreading and editing
- Edit and coordinate production of the email newsletter
- Work with the Director of Marketing to create and produce emails related to association activities and programs
- Work closely with marketing team to communicate programs and activities in the online community
- Work with Director of Marketing to implement marketing campaigns
- Other duties as assigned
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Social Media/Comms” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.