Are you a strong storyteller?
Are you experienced in taking complex ideas into engaging material?
We are currently in search of a Marketing and Communications Manager for a Family Residential Center. The position is based in Bethesda, MD. This is a Permanent, Full-Time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Family Residential Center
LOCATION: Bethesda, MD (remote to start)
POSITION TITLE: Marketing and Communications Manager
DURATION: Full Time
SALARY: $70,000 – $78,000 annually with excellent benefits
Is This Your Dream Job? Overview: Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, this role is responsible for developing high-quality written materials, including press releases, blogs, newsletters, and materials for various stakeholders and departments. This candidate will oversee PR and media relations/outreach, also identifying and maintain relationships with key contacts in health/science and press. This candidate will have experience translating complex ideas into engaging material in the medial and/or health field. The candidate will be a creative storyteller that is excited to bring their communications background to an impactful mission.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 7+ years of experience in communications and content writing in the medical/health field
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Track record in building successful media relationships and partnerships with relevant outlets
- Adept at writing a variety of materials, from press releases to news articles, and CTA copy
- Experience with MS Office, MailChimp, and Adobe Creative Suite
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Serve as the storyteller for the organization, creating various written materials for different departments and stakeholders
- Manage and maintain media relations, as well as relationships within the health/science space
- Develop proactive media pitches to diverse outlets
- Assist other team members in maximizing coverage of PSAs, grassroots initiatives, events, etc.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Marketing and Communications Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.