Are you an Adobe Creative Suite pro? Do you have at least 3 years’ experience in the field of marketing/communications?? Are you looking for a remote, long term role?
We are currently in search of a Marketing and Communications Specialist for an Education Foundation. The role is a remote position based in Washington, DC. This is a full-time, temporary, on-going assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Education Foundation
LOCATION: Washington, DC (Remote)
POSITION TITLE: Marketing and Communications Specialist
DURATION: Temporary, 6+ Months
SCHEDULE: 40 hours/week
HOURLY PAY: $19.00 – $21.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Marketing and Communications Specialist helps to support the Foundations marketing and communications activities, including both traditional and digital. Reporting to the VP of Communications, this role will also support the CEO, COO, as well as program and development staff on a project basis.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3+ years of work experience in Communications, Marketing, or Digital Marketing
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or similar discipline preferred
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, MailChimp, and the Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong project management, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to write, edit, and layout content – including basic graphic and digital design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop trusting, productive relationships with staff, vendors, and partners
- Ability to execute tasks in a thorough, composed, accurate, and timely fashion while managing competing priorities
- Creative and cross-functional team player able to be flexible and adapt to different situations to meet the needs of the organization
- Conducts all work in an ethical, honest, and professional manner
- Ability to work from home with limited supervision and adhere to tight timetables
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Lead initiatives that expand organizational efforts to build awareness for mission and organization
- Proactively identify marketing opportunities for the Foundation and manage the creative execution of those campaigns
- Manage and track performance of marketing and communication efforts for reporting and continuous improvement
- Create print and electronic documents in support of the Foundation’s communications, fundraising, and program activities and work with vendors to execute digital and print marketing campaigns on behalf of the Foundation
- Partner closely with other departments to review, edit, and improve communications materials, including memos, presentations, proposals, talking points, and collateral
- Ensure Foundation materials are high quality, differentiated, and aligned with branding guidelines
- In conjunction with our vendor, assist in the day-to-day management of the Foundation website, digital marketing, and social media channels
- Manage the Foundation’s monthly e-newsletter that is sent to a large audience of partners and donors, as well as other electronic communications
- Produce engaging copy and design for external communications (email, PowerPoint, social media, print)
- Execute effective communication strategies to promote in-person and virtual events organized by the Foundation
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Marketing and Communications Specialist” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.