Do you thrive in a collaborative and project-based environment?
Are you a hardworking individual who has experience with marketing campaigns?
Do you have at least 2 years of experience as a Marketing Coordinator?
We are currently in search of a Marketing Coordinator for an Association. The position is based in Northern Chicagoland. This is a full-time, permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Association
LOCATION: Northern Chicagoland
POSITION TITLE: Marketing Coordinator
DURATION: Full-Time, Permanent
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Marketing Coordinator reports to the Marketing Manager and is responsible for collaborating with Directors, Managers, project leaders, and staff to develop and execute integrated marketing strategies and tactics. The Marketing Coordinator will be responsible (along with their Director and Manager) for the budgeting, creative development, project scheduling and execution, research, management of marketing services suppliers, strategy development and market planning of their projects. This person will assist in the communications activities and marketing planning of the Association and work with internal departments and external vendors to deliver meaningful content to member segments and promote awareness of member benefits. The Association is seeking a friendly, outgoing team player who has campaign management and Adobe Creative Suite experience.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience required.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative suite and Google Analytics/Firebase.
- Knowledge of Informz email campaign management or other email marketing campaign management experience
- Exceptional promotional copy writing and editing skills.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of collateral development, digital marketing and advertising.
- Able to maintain good working relationship with staff, members and vendors.
- Ability to communicate creative concepts and strategies to staff and graphic designers.
- Ability to manage multiple projects under sometimes compressed schedules a must.
- Knowledge of marketing research.
- Able to work independently and collaboratively as a member of marketing, branding and communications team while collaboratively managing various internal and external clients.
- Have excellent communication, interpersonal and listening skills; self-starter, organized, deadline oriented and strong attention to detail.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Responsible for the assistance in developing and implementing marketing plans.
- Collaborates with Directors, project leaders, and staff across the organization to develop and execute integrated marketing strategies.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with all departments. Work on cross departmental projects to service all areas of the Association.
- Work closely with product/program developers to gain full understanding of features and benefits to be promoted.
- Development and implementation of multi-faceted marketing plans, materials and promotional campaigns tailored to specific segments, programs, products and events to achieve targeted goals for participation, attendance, and revenue.
- Write promotional copy for various programs, products and events.
- Review and edit existing and new promotional materials for marketing effeteness.
- Utilize all communication channels including direct mail, print, advertising, on-line, and email.
- Ensure the implementation of marketing plans.
- Manage and monitor appropriate budgets.
- Document and track agreed upon timelines/production schedules.
- Create purchase orders and review invoices for accuracy.
- Document findings and report on results.
- Monitor MarCom Projects inbox for new or additional projects related to membership communications, eNewsletters, Annual Meeting ecommunications, and new projects that may involve other campaigns or initiatives.
- Work collaboratively with Communications team to review communications to ensure consistent use of the Association’s brand identity.
- Pull data inquiries and work with research team leader to obtain needed research statistics.
- Maintain copies of all marketing files, ensuring several complete packets of all materials are filed and keeps accurate copies of all marketing promotions, related back-up, copies of purchase orders, invoices and related production schedules.
- Assist in budgeting and planning.
- Other duties as assigned.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to Rachel Spears at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Marketing Coordinator” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.