Are you interested in working with a dynamic, mission-driven team?
We are currently in search of a Media Relations Officer for an Animal Rights Organization. The position is based in Washington DC. This is a full-time, temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Animal Rights Organization
LOCATION: Washington, DC (Dupont Circle)
POSITION TITLE: Media Relations Officer
DURATION: Temporary, Ongoing
SCHEDULE: 40 hours/week
HOURLY PAY: $24.00 – 27.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Media Relations Officer will be a critical part of the Media Relations team representing the organization in the media, establishing and maintaining contacts, and drafting and developing media pitches. This could be a temporary to permanent opportunity for the right candidate.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ years of experience in media relations
- Extensive knowledge of print, broadcast, and online media outlets
- Effective relationship-builder
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work under tight deadlines a plus
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Establishing and maintaining contacts across all media outlets
- Drafting captivating story pitches
- Identifying local and international media outlets for placing coverage of the organizations campaigns
- Keeping up to date on media coverage relevant to the organization
- Representing the organization in the media
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Media Relations Officer” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.