Are you an administrative professional with database experience?
Can you juggle multiple tasks simultaneously, as well as prioritize?
We are currently in search of a Membership Administrative Assistant for an Advocacy Organization. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a Permanent, full-time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Advocacy
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Membership Administrative Assistant
DURATION: Permanent/Direct Hire
Is This Your Dream Job? Overview: Manages Association Management System (AMS), processing all dues and contributed income. Reports directly to Deputy Director of Advancement. This person also assists with accounting and supports other team members as needed.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Passionate about databases! (Enjoy utilizing and facilitate smooth operations and promote growth)
- Has an understanding of accounting (& willingness to learn)
- Is able to travel
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Process membership payments and provide fulfillments of benefits, including member certificates and packets; provide fulfillment of benefits as directed, including registrations, AMS discount codes, letters
- Process donor payments and provide acknowledgement letters in a timely manner
- Ensure member, sponsor and donor data is accurate and functional
- Process data for requests for legislative communications to members
- Support database utilization for certification program data
- Maintain Excel mail log and check log; work with Controller to reconcile AMS data with QuickBooks data; provide other accounting support functions as directed
- Prepare membership reports monthly and other membership lists as requested for projects such as subscriptions and internal elections
- Provide regular reports and analysis on members, sponsors and donors; create custom reports as directed
- Implement email marketing projects as directed, especially with regard to interface between AMS and Constant Contact
- Process conference registrations and discounts
- Travel to conference site for approximately one week to handle on-site registrations at conference
- Support Advocacy Day on Capitol Hill
- Maintain office supplies and equipment; administer vendor relationships as directed, such as copier/printer company
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Membership Assistant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.