Do you have experience in membership programs and activities? Are you looking for a role where you can expand your strong writing and communication skills? Do you have an interest in scientific research?
We are currently in search of a Membership and Communications Manager for a Scientific Research organization. The position is based in Oakland, CA. This is a full- time, permanent role.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Scientific Research
LOCATION: Oakland, CA
POSITION TITLE: Membership and Communications Manager
Is This Your Dream Job? Supporting the Executive Director, the Membership and Communications Manager will develop and implement membership recruitment and retention strategies by analyzing current data and implementing industry trends. You will also oversee all methods of communication with internal and external stakeholders, including biweekly newsletters, mailed and emailed communications, and social media channels. This is an ideal role for a tech savvy, tenured communicator looking to utilize their membership skill sets and take that next step within an established organization.
- Employee benefits package
- Paid time off, holidays, sick days
- Casual work environment
- Convenient for public transit
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5 years of professional experience, ideally in a membership, development, or communications role within a nonprofit
- Experience with membership associations/nonprofits preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Outlook and Google Suite
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and InDesign)
- Tech-savvy and familiar with web-based platforms (WordPress, Joomla)
- Demonstrated history of strong project management skills
- Possess a great work ethic and can quickly adapt; friendly demeanor and comfortable working in a small environment
- Works well on tight deadlines and stays organized in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with programs budgeting and financial tracking ideal
- Interest in science and research publications a plus
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Using data to create and lead recruitment/ retention strategies for a high-volume membership association to develop a comprehensive program
- Serving as a staff liaison to the Membership Committee, in addition to any other external stakeholders.
- Consider diverse engagement strategies with members, such as phone calls, emails, texts, etc; comfortable answering any questions/ inquiries of prospective and current members
- Designing membership policies and campaigns, conducting email and letter campaigns, as well as conducting outreach activities at events/ conferences
- Implementing and maintaining methods of communication internally and externally, while also collaborating with the internal staff and membership advisory committee
- Oversee administration and maintenance of website and social media accounts and lead conversations with staff members on implementation of the program
- Serve as a steward to the organization and stay up to date on the latest scientific advances within the community
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Membership and Communications Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client
base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.