Do you have experience in membership and registration? Are you an organized, customer service professional? Do you have an interest in scientific research?
We are currently in search of a Membership and Conference Services Assistant for a science organization. The position is based in Palo Alto, CA. This is a full-time, permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Science organization
LOCATION: Palo Alto, CA
POSITION TITLE: Membership and Conference Services Assistant
DURATION: Full-time, permanent
SALARY: $55,000 – $60,000
Is This Your Dream Job? Supporting the Executive Director, the Membership and Conference Services assistant will assist with all event preparation details for annual conferences and symposiums. You will be working closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure all event aspects run smoothly, respond to all inquiries in a timely manner, and assist with research documentation. You will possess a high-level of customer service at all times and will be able to communicate effectively in a fast-paced environment. This position may require some travel.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2-4 years of event planning, administrative, and membership experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Familiar with Mac, MacMail, Microsoft Office, and social media platforms
- Understanding of databases, such as CVent and EasyChair, and setup of A/V equipment
- Possess a great work ethic and can quickly adapt; friendly demeanor and comfortable working in a small environment
- Works well on tight deadlines and stays organized
- Comfortable completing routine tasks and has a knack for precision
- Interest in science and research publications a plus
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Stay up-to-date on various needs of upcoming events and conferences
- Maintaining the membership database and assist with updates to website
- Review and proofread scholarly paper submissions, presentations for conferences
- Manage all email communications, invitations, and printed materials needed for upcoming events
- Respond to all members via phone or email in an effective, timely manner
- Scan PDF documents for errors and identify corrections
- Other follow-up tasks as assigned
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Membership and Conference Services Assistant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.