Do you have advanced proficiency using iMIS?
Have you managed membership and registration in an international organization?
Are you seeking a role where you work with leading academic and industry scientists and clinicians around the world?
We are currently in search of a Membership Manager for an International Membership Organization. The position is based in Skokie, IL. This is a full-time, permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: International Membership Organization
LOCATION: Skokie, IL
POSITION TITLE: Membership Manager
SALARY: $65,000 – $90,000
Is This Your Dream Job? The Membership Manager is responsible for management of the Membership database including renewal, retention, and registration functions for meetings. The Manager serves as the primary contact person for members and prospective members in relationship to membership and meeting registration and information. The position reports to the Director of Global Events.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university
- Four (4) years of experience in a membership role
- Autonomous, self-motivated, self-directed individual who demonstrates a high level of initiative
- Great critical thinker and problem solver who is able to manage work load independently
- Proficiency in iMIS required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Access and Outlook), Office 365, and use of the Internet
- Exceptional people skills and customer service skills
- High level of proficiency in written and oral communication skills
- Experience working with global constituencies is a plus
- Ability to travel internationally
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Manages membership database and activities including inputting and editing records, managing membership lists, and prospective membership data.
- Ensures that database entries are consistent with organizational best practices.
- Works collaboratively with other departments to facilitate and implement best practices for data integrity.
- Responds to member inquiries regarding membership status, application review, dues processing, and meeting registration.
- Works collaboratively with key staff to manage database-related projects including enhancements to system features, integrations, reporting, and other projects.
- Documents all support processes and procedures related to the database and integrated systems.
- Manages membership renewal process including membership communication and invoicing.
- Creates membership reports.
- Manages membership recruitment communications.
- Works collaboratively with accounting department to ensure the timely delivery and reporting of membership dues.
- Coordinates membership surveys.
- Assists with budgeting related to membership, meetings, operations, and IT.
- Provides input and insight related to the development and implementation of the membership plan and strategy.
- Manages confidential information in compliance with organizational requirements.
- Serves as liaison and primary contact with vendors for membership and meetings activities.
- Serves as primary staff liaison supporting registration and housing for meetings.
- Works collaboratively with Director to develop, plan, and implement meetings.
- Assists in negotiation of vendor contracts.
- Contributes to the development of marketing materials including direct marketing, web-based strategies, printed material, and other marketing concepts.
- Other duties as assigned.
We’d love to hear from you!
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Membership Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
** Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.