Dream Corps closes prison doors and opens doors of opportunity. We bring people together across racial, social, and partisan lines to create a future with freedom and dignity for all. Through a systems-change approach, we are working to build a future wherein
“we the people” means all of us.
In the role of National Director of Green For All, you will be responsible for working with the Dream Corps Chief Programs Officer to develop and execute a short- and long-term strategic plan for the Green For All program, that aligns with Dream Corps’ long term mission, goals, vision, and values. Within the Dream Corps mission of closing prison doors and opening doors of opportunity, Green For All works to open doors of opportunity for people of color in the green economy, by advancing solutions to poverty and pollution at the same time. Green For All’s key initiatives include expanding job pathways into good-paying green jobs, supporting Black and Brown entrepreneurs, increasing the deployment of clean economy solutions through targeted investments in the neighborhoods that need them most, and finding common ground between liberals and conservatives to advance people-centered climate solutions at the federal level and in states across the country. We convene, communicate, and catalyze change through issue education, partnership development, and advocacy.
Reporting to the Chief Programs Officer, the Green For All National Director will oversee a $4.5-5 million annual budget and a team of eight (8) to 10 program staff. The National Director will develop, expand, and drive the strategic growth and execution of impactful Green For All campaigns, and is accountable for raising program funds, delivering concrete outcomes, developing and coaching their staff, and building strategic relationships. A decisive decision-maker, innovative thinker, and collaborative leader, the National Director is responsible for ensuring that staff within the Green For All program have the direction, resources, and guidance needed to achieve program goals and objectives. The National Director will also represent Green For All’s with the public, the media, and policymakers.
The National Director is also an integral member of the leadership team driving strategy to improve organizational influence, impact, and effectiveness. They will work closely with cross-functional leaders and the Directors of other programs, to provide leadership and change management support for a growing organization with an ambitious social justice agenda. As a member of the organization’s leadership team, the National Director is responsible for modeling and supporting Dream Corps’ core values.
Program Strategy and Impact
- Direct and oversee all aspects of program strategy to include planning, delivery and impact, and continued growth for Green For All initiatives, including green jobs/workforce development, the Green For All Business Council of Black and Brown entrepreneurs, the Common Ground campaign to turn political breakdown into a breakthrough for climate, Justice40 implementation, the #FuelChange campaign, and all other clean economy and climate equity policy advocacy.
- Participate in the development and lead the implementation of the strategic vision and plan for program growth.
- Evaluate and monitor Green For All program and related trends to keep the program on target in meeting goals and performance metrics while identifying new opportunities for program growth and expansion.
- Create and track metrics to evaluate and measure program impact.
- Develop, implement, and manage the annual program plan, including the program strategy, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), work plans, and budget.
- Offer guidance and innovation to ensure quality, integrity, and continuous improvement of Green For All initiatives
Leadership and Management
- Provide leadership within the organization as part of a 10-person leadership team for an organizational staff of 50. Directly oversee and supervise a 7-10-person Green For All program team.
- Set clear and transparent goals and priorities for the team, coaching direct reports as well as supporting staff’s professional growth and setting them up for success to meet, if not exceed, their goals.
- Support and participate in the Center’s Diversity Equity & Inclusion (DEI) initiatives and training.
- Model and support a positive and inclusive culture and uphold Dream Corps’ core values.
Strategic Partnerships & Fundraising
- Cultivate relationships with prospective and current donors, to include corporate, individual, and foundation donors.
- Identify opportunities to increase support from individual and corporate donors, in partnership with the Dream Corps Development Team.
- Execute strategy to increase support from current and prospective donors, with support from Development.
- Serve as the media spokesperson for the Green For All program, representing the program initiatives.
- Organize and manage initiatives that support strategic partnership and coalition building.
- Partner with other Dream Corps departments, in addition to external allies, to advance the Dream Corps agenda and identify opportunities for maximizing effectiveness and efficiency.
- 7-10+ years of related work experience required
- 5+ years of management experience with demonstrated success in leading and motivating teams, setting clear performance metrics and goals, and fostering professional growth for team members, consistent with best practices for diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Alignment with Dream Corps core values: solutions, servant leadership, and soul
- Ability to lead a dynamic program with the efficacy of best business practices, ability to influence and utilize critical players and resources, and deliver a high-impact program
- Experience with program monitoring and evaluation to ensure program deliverables and impact goals are met
- The ability to communicate the Dream Corps’ vision, strategy, and plans to staff, internal partners and external audiences are required
- Understanding of and passion for economic justice, racial justice, and green initiatives.
LOCATION: San Francisco Bay Area or Washington, DC, preferred
HOURS: Full time (100%)
SALARY: $108-155K (commensurate with experience)
We’d love to hear from you.
Dream Corps has retained Careers In Nonprofits to help with this hire. Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “National Director, Green For All” in the subject line.