Are you a detailed-oriented Accounting professional? Are you interested in working for an organization that provides services to members of the San Francisco community?
We are currently in search of an Accountant for a Community Foundation. The position is based in San Francisco, CA. This is a temp to perm, full-time role.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Community Foundation
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
POSITION TITLE: Accountant
DURATION: Temp to Perm
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the Senior Accountant, the Accountant is responsible for processing a high volume of invoices and will be able to hit the ground running to process payment requests on behalf of all employees of the organization. You will handle expense reports, annual budgets, auditing and board communications. Possessing a high level of accuracy, you will serve on the accounting team and be able to serve as a financial resource to all internal and external stakeholders.
- 2+ years of nonprofit accounting experience
- Exposure to creating expense reports and auditing financial reports
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Expertise in accounting software
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and comfortable working in a database
- Comfortable working independently and collaboratively in an office environment, with strong verbal and written communication skills
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Overseeing payroll, accounts payable, financial transactions, from expense records, vendor invoices, year-end processing and weekly check runs
- Responsible for maintaining records of contract and vendor relationships
- Maintain an organized accounting ledger and verify posted transactions
- Utilize an expert level of detail and consistently educate new employees on payment processing protocols and systems
- Track office inventory and distribute expenses to the respective department; ensure all entries are recorded in a timely fashion
- Offer guidance and support to colleagues with all departments of the organization, specifically Development and Programs
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Accountant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.