Do you have 5+ years of accounting experience?
We are currently in search of an Accountant for a Military Scholarship Foundation. The position is based in Alexandria, Virginia (partial remote to start). This is a Temporary to Permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Military Scholarship Foundation
LOCATION: Alexandria, Virginia (partial remote to start)
POSITION TITLE: Accountant
DURATION: Temporary to Permanent
SCHEDULE: 37.5 hours/week
HOURLY RATE: $24.00 – $25.00
Is This Your Dream Job? The Accountant will work closely with the Senior Director of Accounting and Finance to support the organization’s accounting and finance needs. This is a temporary to permanent opportunity with an anticipated salary between $65-$70k.
Our Ideal Candidate:
· BA degree required
· 5+ years of Accounting experience required
· Prior payroll experience required
· Blackbaud Financial Edge experience preferred
· Passion for serving military families
· Self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced nonprofit environment
How You Will Spend Your Day:
· Administer scholarship disbursements and provide reports on annual fund to program teams
· Regularly prepare and post General Ledger journal entries into Financial Edge
· Post weekly accounts payable transactions and monthly cash receipts
· Prepare and process biweekly payroll including 403(b) contributions for staff of 24
· Manage banking reconciliation processes, including investments
· Prepare monthly and quarterly financial statements
· Assist with preparing the annual budget, including participating in the year-end close process and audit preparation
· Prepare annual investor reports
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Accountant” in the subject line.