Are you a detail-oriented administrative assistant who also possesses strong communication skills? Are you passionate about providing services to families in the Bay Area?
We are currently in search of an Administrative Assistant for a Social Service Organization. The position is based in Oakland, CA. This is a temp assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Service Organization
LOCATION: Oakland, CA
POSITION TITLE: Administrative Assistant
SALARY: Dependent on Experience
HOURS: 8:30am – 5:00pm (M-F)
Is This Your Dream Job? As the Administrative Assistant, you will be responsible for providing excellent administrative support at the front desk. In addition to administrative duties, you will be the public face of the institution by answering and directing phone calls, checking in visitors, notifying the relevant staff when guests arrive and interacting with the team and clients. You will handle calls with clients and provide direction to prospective and recurring members of the organization.
- Expertise in providing client support in an office setting
- 1+ year of administrative support experience
- Exposure to nonprofit programs
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite and database systems
- Working knowledge of Spanish or Chinese (Cantonese/Mandarin) preferred
- Strong communications skills
- Excellent time management skills
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Providing logistical support including venue management, scheduling catering and meetings, as well as ordering supplies
- Organizing meetings, events and conferences
- Drafting correspondence by phone, email and for media with external partners
- Managing Salesforce database to maintain client and vendor information
- Coordinating events and communicating effectively
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.