Do you have federal administrative support experience?
Are you interested in working with a dynamic, mission-driven team?
We are currently in search of an Administrative Assistant for a Museum. The position is based in Washington DC. This is a full-time, temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Museum
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Administrative Assistant
DURATION: Temporary (Ongoing)
SCHEDULE: 37.5 hours/week
HOURLY PAY: $21.00 – $22.00
Is This Your Dream Job? This position will support the Museum’s Education Department with administrative needs with a large focus on arranging travel for international visitors and supporting weekly events.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Minimum of 5 years of administrative experience required
- Experience working with the federal government highly preferred
- Must have experience juggling calendars, completing expense reports, keeping meeting minutes and working with vendors
- Concur experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong ability to multi-task and navigate competing deadlines
- Passion for education and art desired
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Preparing travel authorizations and vouchers in Concur
- Coordinating paperwork and contracts for outside vendors and special programs
- Maintaining the department calendar of appointments, meetings and public programs
- Scheduling tours for schools and the public
- Assisting information desk as needed
- Drafting and disseminating weekly department agenda and meeting minutes
- Assisting members of the department with critical tasks
- Maintaining general office files
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.