We are currently in search of a Nonprofit Advancement Manager for Annual and Capital Campaigns for an Educational Organization. The position is based in San Francisco, CA. This is a permanent, full-time opportunity.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Educational Organization
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
POSITION TITLE: Advancement Manager for Annual and Capital Campaigns
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the Executive Director of Institutional Advancement, you will be a lead team member in overseeing all aspects, from strategy to implementation, related to fundraising for the Annual Fund. You will be a friendly, detailed and communicative project manager, soliciting gifts from parents, alumni and volunteers. You will seek to improve existing strategies and consistently bring forth new ideas to grow and exceed the goals of the department. This is a wonderful opportunity for a self-motivated development professional looking to grow and utilize their skills in a well-established and growing educational organization.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2+ years’ experience in fundraising or administration, experience in major gifts and event planning a plus
- Demonstration of successful execution/project management as it relates to fundraising
- Microsoft Office Suite, experience in a database, Raiser’s Edge is a plus
- True team player, proactively seeks to help out the team and pitch in to get the job done
- Deep appreciation for the mission of the school, ideally with knowledge of independent schools
- Strong organizational and communication (both written and verbal) skills; comfortable public speaking
- Excellent ability to relate to many different groups, including young students, volunteers, and alumni
- Face-to-face direct gift asks and donor visits experience a plus
- Open to working on evenings/weekends, as needed
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Run all aspects of annual fund strategies, including donor appreciation and volunteer events
- Consistently build, update, and track current donor database and generate annual fund reports; provide strategic recommendations on prospect engagements and wealth screening results
- Serve as point of contact to all donors; update regularly on upcoming school events and programs through email and newsletters
- Collaborate closely with Communications team on direct mail campaigns, newsletters, and annual report
- Oversee all solicitations and communicate often with your Advancement colleagues; assist in all coordination/planning efforts for school/volunteer events
- Maintain a high level of customer service with every internal and external stakeholders
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not the best fit for you?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this fad.