We are currently in search of a Nonprofit Annual and Leadership Giving Manager for an independent school. The position is based in San Francisco, CA. This is a permanent, full-time opportunity.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Educational Organization
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
POSITION TITLE: Annual and Leadership Giving Manager
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the Director of Development, you will be a lead team member in overseeing all aspects, from strategy to implementation, related to fundraising for the Annual Fund. We are looking for a friendly, detailed and communicative project manager, working to solicit from parents, alumni, and volunteers. This person will improve existing strategies and consistently bring forth new ideas to grow and exceed the goals of the department. This is a wonderful opportunity for a self-motivated development professional looking to grow and utilize their skills in an innovative educational organization.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3+ years’ experience in fundraising, including annual fund development, knowledge in fundraising strategies in education a plus
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills; comfortable public speaking
- Interpersonal skills and good judgement to represent the organization well
- Advanced excel abilities, experience with Raiser’s Edge ideal (or similar database experience)
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Excellent ability to manage and relate to many different groups, including students, parent and alumni volunteers and donors
- Organized, detail-oriented and timely in completing tasks with competing priorities and deadlines
- Face-to-face direct gift asks and donor visits experience a plus
- Open to working on evenings/weekends, as needed
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Design, oversee and run all aspects of annual fund strategies, including solicitations, donor appreciation and volunteer events
- Recruit and manage volunteer leadership (parents and alumni) to accomplish fundraising goals
- Work with Development Associate to ensure timely and accurate gift processing and donor communications
- Oversee prospect research for leadership gifts from parents and alumni
- Collaborate with Director of Development on campaign reports and statistics; provide strategic recommendations on prospect engagements and wealth screening results
- Design and execute class endowment fund campaign and stewardship activities
- Communicate openly and well with your development colleagues; assist in all coordination/planning efforts for school/volunteer events
- Write grant proposals, as needed
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume and cover letter, outlining your interest in nonprofit recruiting to email@example.com with “Annual and Leadership Giving Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not the best fit for you
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this fad.