Do you have 2+ years of nonprofit fundraising and event planning experience?
Are you eager to work on a high energy, collaborative development team?
We are currently in search of a Nonprofit Annual Giving and Scholarships Coordinator for an Educational Institution. This position is based in Elgin, IL.
ORGANIZATION: Educational Institution
LOCATION: Elgin, IL
POSITION TITLE: Nonprofit Annual Giving and Scholarships Coordinator
DURATION: Temporary to Permanent (40 hours/week)
HOURLY PAY: $16.00-20.00/hour; $50,000-55,000 annual salary
Is This Your Dream Job? The Nonprofit Annual Giving and Scholarship Coordinator designs and executes the annual giving and scholarship program for the institution’s Foundation, including outreach activities through all delivery modes (special events, direct mail, phone appeal, online) and is responsible for meeting annual giving fundraising and friend-raising goals, including personal solicitation efforts. This organization is looking for a candidate to grow into a managerial-level role to further support the Advancement Department.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- 2+ years of experience in fundraising and strong project management skills required
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office and a constituent relationship management system. Raiser’s Edge experience a plus.
- Experience in volunteer management
- Demonstrated initiative and self-directed; focused, yet works extremely well on teams and in collaborative environment
- Highly effective verbal and written communications skills
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Develops, maintains, and executes 18 month rolling annual plan to meet fundraising and friend-raising objective of the Foundation
- Oversees Foundation’s scholarship program, including maintenance of information regarding active and inactive scholarship funds and selection criteria as established by donor
- Serves as staff partner to chair of Scholarship committee to engage board members and donors in general application review and scoring.
- Cultivates and stewards annual scholarship donors
- Designs and oversees annual Employee Giving Campaign. Trains campaign volunteers and collaborates with appropriate internal departments, administrators, and faculty and staff
- Plans and implements Foundation fundraising events including Founders Day Brunch, golf, gala, friend raising receptions and stewardship/recognition events
- Recruits, trains and recognizes volunteers who serve on event committees
- Utilizes events module in Raiser’s Edge constituent management system to manage the event, including sponsorship/ticket information, monitoring registration and attendees, budgeting and completing post event follow up
- Serves as primary interface between Institutional Advancement and Marketing Services departments to deliver materials needed for current and prospective donor communication including Foundation newsletter, outbound e-communication, invitations, event programs, website presence and online giving
- Designs and executes Foundation’s stewardship program, including honor roll of donors for Annual Report and public display on campus and/or through website as appropriate
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.