Do you have 2 years of experience writing compelling proposals and doing research?
Are you passionate about helping the lives of those in need?
We are currently in search of an Associate Grant Writer for a Social Services Organization. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a Full Time, Permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Services Organization
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Associate Grant Writer
DURATION: Full Time
SALARY: $50,000 – 57,000/annual
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the Institutional Giving Manager, this position is responsible for creating proposals and reports to institutional donors. The candidate will conduct prospect research, compile reports, and complete proposal requests. They will have excellent writing skills and the ability to create a compelling report. The candidate will be collaborative, flexible and someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment. This individual will be deadline-oriented and eager to be an integral part of an expanding team of hard-working and passionate professionals.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2+ years of experience proposal and report writing to institutional donors (government, foundations and corporations)
- Background in conducting research for prospective funding opportunities
- Proven ability to create compelling requests to donors
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Can work well in a team as well as independently
- Experience in a fast-paced and dead-line driven environment and enjoys that pace
- Familiarity with donor systems/Raiser’s Edge
- Experience working in a nonprofit environment preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree required
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Produce high quality proposals and reports to institutional donors
- Complete fundraising proposal requests
- Compile funder reports
- Conduct prospect research and update the donor management software
- Prepare budgets and financial reports
- Oversee the proposal process and manage multiple deadlines
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.