Do you have 3+ years of bookkeeping experience?
Are you interested in working with a dynamic, mission-driven team?
We are currently in search of a Bookkeeper for a Church. The position is based in Washington DC. This is a part-time, temporary to permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Church
LOCATION: Washington, DC (Congress Heights)
POSITION TITLE: Bookkeeper
DURATION: Temporary to Permanent
SCHEDULE: 15 hours/week
HOURLY PAY: $16.00 – $17.00
Is This Your Dream Job? The Bookkeeper will help track weekly giving, process invoices and payroll. This person will be responsible for keeping the church on track with their budgets, providing guidance as needed. This is a temporary to permanent opportunity, with the permanent role being about 15-20 hours/week at a $20 -$25k salary. Candidates who are only interested in the temporary opportunity are still welcome to apply.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- At least 3+ years of bookkeeping experience required, 5 or more preferred
- QuickBooks experience a plus
- Excel proficiency required
- Friendly and able to juggle multiple projects
- Superior attention to detail required
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Track, deposit and report all weekly offerings
- Organize and supervise volunteers to help with weekly counting of the offerings
- Pay weekly bills for the management of the church, vehicles, parsonage and other church operations
- Manage payroll for all staff
- Reconcile bank statements monthly
- Establish a financial recording system in QuickBooks and Servant Keeper
- Ensure proper legal and tax policies are in place, including quarterly reports
- Prepare and distribute quarterly contribution statements for members
- Assist Finance Team in preparing annual church budget
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.