Are you a strategy-focused communications professional with nonprofit experience?
Are you a self-starter that can you juggle multiple tasks simultaneously, as well as prioritize?
We are currently in search of a Nonprofit Brand and Communications Manager for a Women-Focused International Organization. The position is based in Fairfax, VA. This is a Permanent, Full-Time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Women-Focused International Organization
LOCATION: Fairfax, VA (Not metro accessible)
POSITION TITLE: Brand and Communications Manager
DURATION: Full Time
SALARY: $70,000 – $80,000/annually
Is This Your Dream Job? Overview: Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, this role is responsible for developing and executing strategy to build and sustain the organization’s brand. The candidate will manage communications services, including writing press releases, developing and implementing organizational social media strategies and creating promotional and conference/exhibit materials. Our ideal candidate has supervisory experience, with high attention to detail and has worked for an international organization, or has a proven ability to work with people from different cultural backgrounds. The candidate will be a hands-on self-starter, highly organized, and is able to work with different varieties of key stakeholders and a dynamic group of hard-working professionals.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ years of experience in a communications role in a nonprofit environment
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong experience in developing a communications plan and implementing strategies to execute it
- Experience managing and tracking marketing and promotional budget and expenses
- Proficiency with social media platforms, website management, and with demonstrated organizational and project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Can work independently as well as with different departments
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Develop and execute a communications strategy to increase brand awareness
- Manage external communications efforts including social media accounts
- Draft and distribute press releases, responding to media requests; oversee website updates, content and design
- Ensure all marketing materials present a clear and positive image for the organization
- Analyze data and report metrics
- Enhance the organization’s social media presence by keeping up-to-date its digital and social media platforms
- Supervise one Coordinator
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.