Are you passionate about Alexandria’s community?
Are you looking to bring your development and strategic background to a leading nonprofit?
We are currently in search of a Chief Development Officer for a Community-Driven Organization. The position is based in Alexandria, VA. This is a Permanent, Full-Time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Community-Driven Organization
LOCATION: Alexandria, VA (semi-remote)
POSITION TITLE: Chief Development Officer
DURATION: Full Time
SALARY: $110,000 – $120,000
Is This Your Dream Job? Overview: Reporting to the President & CEO, this role is responsible for developing and implementing the development strategy for the organization. This candidate oversees a team of staff and consultants, also working with volunteers and the board. The role will also be hands on in raising funds from a diverse donor base, and implement a campaign plan. This candidate will guide marketing and communications efforts, strengthening mail, email and social media efforts. The candidate will be a passionate and proactive fundraiser, a hard worker, and someone that is eager to bring their leadership background to help change the community.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ years of experience successfully leading and managing development efforts, track record of achieving revenue target of over $1M
- Bachelor’s Degree and connected to the DC/VA funding community
- Strong experience of raising funds from diverse sources, such as major gifts, corporations, and foundations – a generalist
- Passionate, strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- A thinker and a doer
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Design, implement, and manage the annual development plan and timeline
- Build and steward relationships with individual, corporate and foundation donors and community partners
- Oversee grants and campaign consultants, train and support Board members and volunteers, collaborate with the CEO and development committee, reporting on fundraising progress
- Serve as a public representative of the organization
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.