Are you a mission-driven professional who is passionate about serving the public health mission?
Do you enjoy engaging with your community and donors?
Are you excited at the prospect of representing a well-known local organization in the media?
We are currently in search of a Chief Development Officer for a Social Services Organization. The position is located in Rockville, MD. This is a full time Permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Services
LOCATION: Rockville, MD
POSITION TITLE: Chief Development Officer
Is This Your Dream Job? As the Chief Development Officer, you will be responsible for planning, developing and maintaining a fundraising and sponsorship program that emphasizes growth and expansion, with a strong focus on grant writing and management. You will implement effective strategies for fundraising, communications, volunteer management, and advocacy. The CDO will supervise a staff of 5 and provide strategic leadership to the overall organization as a member of the executive team.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s preferred
- 6+ years of proven development experience and 5+ years of supervisory experience
- Excellent organizational, managerial and communication skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, donor relationship management and CRM software including Raisers Edge; as well as email marketing and social media marketing
- Comfortable working with and managing a large team
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record
- Dependable and highly collaborative
- Has an extensive knowledge of budgeting
- High energy with a passion for the mission and for helping others
- Background in working for a community-focused organization
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Work with the CEO, senior staff, Board of Directors to develop and implement a comprehensive development strategy through a variety of means including but not limited to: corporate, foundation, government grants, individual and planned giving, special events, etc.
- Supervise a development team of 5, while implementing and tracking team fundraising goals.
- Increase funding year over year.
- Oversee the organizations communications activities including press, website and social media, and as such, serve as the organization’s secondary spokesperson to media and community members.
- Attract, develop, and retain a portfolio of donor partners; engage and pitch various stakeholders (high net worth individuals, family foundations, foundations, corporations).
- Collaborate with marketing and communications team to effectively develop and implement visibility and marketing plans to support fundraising.
We’d love to hear from you!
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.