Do you have 5+ years of communication and marketing experience?
Are you interested in working with a dynamic, mission-driven team?
We are currently in search of a Communications Manager for a Private School. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a full-time, temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Private School
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Communications Manager
DURATION: Full-Time/Temporary – some evenings/weekends for events
SCHEDULE: 40 hours/week
HOURLY PAY: $18.00-21.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Communications Manager will report to the Director of Advancement. This person will draft and design materials for the school, including newsletters, flyers, and social media posts. This person will also capture the school’s spirit in photos used on the website, social media accounts, and for the school’s archives. The communications manager will be comfortable working in an open office environment and interacting with students on a daily basis. This candidate will work within the Advancement team but will oversee and execute all communication functions.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ years of relevant communication experience, required
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Google Suite, required
- Interest and experience in photography, required
- Must be able to provide a portfolio showcasing photography and graphic design work
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Drafting and sending weekly newsletters for students, parents, and faculty
- Maintaining and updating school social media pages on Facebook and Instagram
- Capturing photos around the school and during events for archives and newsletters
- Updating school website with photos and information
- Creating flyers, banner, posters, etc. for use around the school
- Additional ad hoc tasks as needed
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.