Do you have 5+ years of communications experience in the nonprofit/association space?
Are you a motivated self-starter that can you juggle multiple tasks simultaneously, as well as prioritize?
We are currently in search of a Communications Manager for a Health Advocacy Organization. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a Permanent, Full-Time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Advocacy-Based Organization
LOCATION: Washington, DC (remote to start)
POSITION TITLE: Communications Manager
DURATION: Full Time
SALARY: $55,000 – $60,000/annually
Is This Your Dream Job? Overview: Reporting to the Deputy Director, this role is responsible for managing communications services, including writing press releases, overseeing social media accounts, updating the website, designing brochures, flyers and other materials, and compilation of text and photos, layout and editing for newsletters. This candidate will manage membership communications and work with the Executive Director to respond to media requests. The role focuses on internal outreach to groups including all 3 membership classes, and external targets including national media, key stakeholders and opinion leaders. The candidate will be a hands-on self-starter that is creative, highly organized and eager to bring their communications background to a dynamic group of hard-working professionals.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ years of experience in a communications role, preferably at a medical or healthcare-based organization or an association
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience with membership communications and events
- Experience in social media management, with the ability to track trends and spread information
- Great time-management skills and attention to detail, multi-tasking is essential
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creative and innovative
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team while being flexible
- Eager to take the initiative on projects
- Adept at using WordPress, Photoshop, Canva and MS Office
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Manage external communications and awareness efforts including social media accounts and provide reporting on usage and growth
- Manage membership communications, including, but not limited to: production of monthly membership newsletter, including solicitation and editing of articles, graphics, staff content and data
- Develop email and other outreach methods to members
- Draft and distribute press releases, responding to media requests, manage websites
- Analyze existing efforts and develop plans to implement strategic plan, public awareness initiatives, including national communications plan & PSA initiatives
- Develop and execute a communications strategy that will increase membership and improve public awareness of the organization
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Communications Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.