Are you passionate about the environment and educating others on sustainability?
We are currently in search of a Community Engagement Program Manager for an environmental organization focused on sustainability. The position is based in Berkeley, CA. This is a full-time exempt role.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Environmental nonprofit organization
POSITION TITLE: Community Engagement Program Manager
LOCATION: Berkeley, CA
Is This Your Dream Job? As the Community Engagement Program Manager, you will lead and support the organization’s Community Engagement programming for the center, engagement and education programs. The Community Engagement Program Manager leads, develops, and oversees the organization’s environmental sustainability activities, plans and implements strategies to build and develop education and direct service programs, community partnerships, coalitions, organizational visibility, institutional funding, and individual giving. This position reports to the Executive Director.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Lead and manage all aspects of the center’s Community Engagement Programs and sustainability practices, both internally with other staff and externally in building coalitions, enterprises and networks in campaigns and projects, and with the public and press
- Provide leadership, support, and direction for Community Engagement programs to reach, educate and include a more diverse audience and build a more diverse membership
- In collaboration with Program Managers ensure effective staffing schedules in support of daily retail store, educational center and event functions; provide direct support with customer service and sales and other needs as needed
- Provide direct supervision and support to program staff and contractors, including hiring, training, supervising, and conducting annual performance evaluations
- Nurture and cultivate a collaborative team environment within the department as well as organization-wide
- In collaboration with Executive Director and program staff, create and manage an annual community engagement plan, establishing benchmarks for program development and evaluation including building, monitoring, and maintaining budgets
- Work with Development Director to cultivate and engage donors, as well as identify, create, and submit grant funding for Community Engagement programs
- Provide leadership and representation for policy advocacy in diverse realms including state and federal campaigns in alignment with strategic goals
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3+ years of nonprofit experience, ideally in some form of community engagement or program management capacity
- 1+ years of supervisory experience of a team in any industry, demonstrated team building a plus
- 1+ year of retail, customer service or sales experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree with an Environmental, Education, Non-profit Administration, Business Development, or related field
- Knowledge and passion for environmental and social justice issues as well as creating programming specifically in climate action and sustainability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google applications, and Salesforce a plus
- Intelligent, hard-working with an initiative and “Can Do” attitude
- Flexible, responsive, and able to manage diverse priorities
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make responsible decisions
- Experience working in a multicultural environment
- Spanish and/or other language proficiency a plus
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Community Engagement Program Manager” in the subject line.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.