Are you a self-starter with a passion for scientific causes? Are you analytical and detail oriented? Are you experienced working with databases and supporting large scale events?
We are currently in search of a Conference Coordinator for a Membership Association. The position is based in Palo Alto, CA. This is a permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Membership Association
LOCATION: Palo Alto, CA
POSITION TITLE: Conference Coordinator
SALARY RANGE: $60,000-70,000
Is This Your Dream Job? As the Conference Coordinator, you will manage the conference database and application in preparation for the association’s annual conference and subsequent events. You will coordinate events on behalf of the organization and prepare the operational aspects associated with executing effectively. You will provide administrative office support as needed and become a strong contributor to the team. You have a keen eye for detail and appreciate strong spelling, grammar and punctuation.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2+ years of conference, registration and/or administrative experience
- Self-starter with a positive demeanor and eagerness to learn
- Working knowledge of relational databases
- Excellent customer service skills
- Quick learner with an adaptable attitude
- Experience assisting in coordinating large scale events and conferences
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Database maintenance, including data entry and generating reports
- Event coordination assistance to facilitate member recruitment and retention, and to answer registration related questions
- Content development and production of directories
- Social media content management
- Registering members for the association’s annual conference
- Serving as the point person for questions and concerns regarding registration and the event
- Scheduling, calendaring and entering data related to the two
- Transcribing meeting minutes
- Administrative tasks, such as greeting, answering phone calls and opening mail
We’d love to hear from you.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.