Are you passionate about working with a dynamic team that works to conserve a population of animals?
Do you have 5+ years of experience in accounting/auditing?
We are currently in search of a nonprofit Controller for an Animal Conservation Organization. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a Full Time, Permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Animal Conservation Organization
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Controller
DURATION: Full Time
SALARY: $80,000 – $100,000/annual
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the COO, the controller will wear multiple hats by managing day-to-day finances, supervising contractors, and improving processes. The controller will act as the main point of contact with external auditors during onsite fieldwork. Our ideal candidate is resourceful, highly collaborative with the intention to help the organization grow by improving functions, executing daily financial accounting and ensuring timely and accurate posting of financial transactions. We are looking for a mission-driven, enthusiastic candidate with a can-do attitude and has a passion for animal conservation.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ years of progressive experience in accounting and/or auditing, with 3+ years of experience in a nonprofit environment managing day-to-day accounting functions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required; CPA preferred
- Strong background in and knowledge of nonprofit accounting principles and practices
- Experience with budget management, accounting report generation and financial analysis
- Ability to maintain strong internal communications with staff and promote a positive work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Manage the daily financial accounting activities of the organization
- Implement and maintain proper systems, procedures, and internal controls to support effective finance and accounting operations
- Support the organization’s budget process and ongoing forecasting
- Prepare accurate and clearly-communicated monthly financial statements
- Engage in necessary budget review with managers and generate monthly departmental reporting of budget
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not the best fit for you?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.