Do you have excellent data management skills?
Are you passionate about community services and program evaluation?
We are currently in search of a Data Specialist for a Social Services Organization. The position is based in Washington DC. This is a full-time, permanent opportunity.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Services Organization
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Data Specialist
SCHEDULE: 40 hours/week
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
Is This Your Dream Job? The Data Specialist will design, manage and improve systems for on-going quality control and improvement of program data. This person will train, motivate and encourage staff to enter complete, accurate and timely data for regular reporting.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s a plus
- 3+ years of data management experience required
- Advanced MS Excel skills required
- Experience with data systems and visualization techniques
- Prior experience with homelessness or housing preferred
- Detail-oriented and analytical
- Excellent communication skills
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Monitor client data entered to ensure complete, accurate and timely entry
- Work with program managers to ensure all required service delivery is documented for contract compliance and agency performance measurement
- Serve as first line administrator of agency databases
- Submit data and reports as required by government contracts
- Generate and improve internal monitoring reports
- Generate and evaluate standard program reports to assist management staff in on-going quality assurance and outcome measures
- Generate and analyze data and develop visualization tools for reporting
- Respond to internal and external requests for data
- Advise Director of Evaluation and Learning or improvements that could be made
- Develop and deliver a standard orientation for staff members on client databases and provide on-going training to system users
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.